This annual event gives MASMS members an opportunity to meet with their legislators at the Minnesota State Capitol to advocate for building and grounds and share the importance of our work.
This is the time to meet with your Legislators and talk about the expertise MASMS offers as facility issues are debated. The importance of meeting with your legislators on behalf of MASMS cannot be understated.
EDUCATIONAL MASMS MEMBERS
MASMS will pay for educational members mileage to the event and a hotel room for the night before if their drive is more than 2 hours from St. Paul.
To have the costs covered, you must setup appointments and meet with your legislator, and let the MASMS office know what appointments you setup. To make a hotel reservation click here: Radisson St. Paul Downtown
Members attending should schedule Legislator visits between 10:30AM – 1:30 PM
How to contact your legislator to setup a meeting? See information below!
Date: Tuesday March 5, 2024
Time: 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM | Location: Justice’s Dining Room
9:30 AM | Organizational Meeting with coffee & rolls.
10:30 AM– 1:30 PM | Members meet with their legislators (preset meetings).
11:30 AM -12:30 PM | Lunch will be served so members can stop back between appointments.
Transportation: Members that attend will drive to the capitol. When you sign up, parking instructions and maps will be provided. We STRONGLY encourage carpooling.
How to setup an appointment with your Legislator:
To make this event successful, members need to setup appointments with their legislator IN ADVANCE. If you work in one district and live in another, you could meet with both of them.
Click here to find out who your legislators and find their phone number:
Find Legislators: https://www.gis.lcc.mn.gov/iMaps/districts/
Most current phone numbers for your legislator: https://www.leg.mn.gov/leg/legdir
Call your legislator to setup an appointment on March 5, 2024 between 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
- Introduce yourself. Name, position and where you work. If you are a resident of their district, let them know that too.
- State your purpose for wanting a meeting:
- That you will be there with MASMS – the Minnesota Association that represents K-12 Educational Facilities.
- Want to briefly cover why funding for school facilities is so important and cover the MASMS 2023 school facilities platform.
Email the MASMS Office after you make your appointments | email@example.com.
- Your name.
- Phone number.
- Name of the legislator you are meeting with and time.
Step 4: (MASMS Educational Members only):
After the event, email the MASMS office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the reimbursement information:
- Number of miles you had for the event.
- Amount spent for parking.
- If you were more than 2 hour drive from St. Paul, and you paid for a hotel room the night before, forward the amount of that hotel.
- Please state where you would like the reimbursement check sent to.
To make a Hotel Reservation Click here: Radisson St. Paul Downtown
Parking at Capitol Information Link: Parking Info