MASMS Scholarship Opportunity
The MASMS Scholarship Committee is accepting essays from sons and daughters of all dues-paying and life members (educational and business members) of MASMS who are high school seniors graduating in 2020 or are currently a post-secondary student attending a post secondary school in the United States
The MASMS Tom Robinson Memorial Scholarship program is in memory of a long time employee with the Hopkins School District in the field of maintenance. He was instrumental in writing software for the State Department of Energy and served on multiple MASMS committees for many years.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications and essays will be submitted electronically using the link below. You will receive an email confirmation once you submit your application. When you click on the link, complete the application form and submit your essay by April 15, 2020. (You may also go to www.masms.org and select “2020 Student Scholarship” to submit your information.)
- Essay specifications:
- Maximum of two pages, type written, double spaced narrative.
- Financial need is not a consideration.
- This essay should NOT have your name on it, or any reference within its context that would identify the applicant or his/her MASMS parent. (We do not want the judges to know who the applicant is.)
- Essay should contain:
- Personal data to include school, community activities in which you have participated during high school and/or post secondary (e.g. student government, music, sports, church work, volunteer work, etc.)
- Discussion of awards and honors you have received.
- Description of your work experience (without any reference to a business which may be owned by your parent). Include how long you have worked at each job and the number of hours worked per week.
- Discussion of your grade point average. While the committee will not base scholarship awards on the highest grade point average, they do feel that some discussion on this topic is appropriate.
- Your educational goals and aspirations.
All information will be reviewed by the MASMS scholarship Selection Committee. Awards will be announced by letter in early May 2020. Checks will be issued after proof of enrollment has been received.
The number of scholarships awarded will be based on available funds. Awards will range from $250 to $1500 per person. Each person may receive a lifetime limit of $2000.
Applicants will need to have a google account to submit this form.
You must be a registered member of MASMS; grandchildren are NOT eligible.
If you have any questions, please email Scott Clemente at: .